Whats it like planting a lie in your psych profound enough
to change your perspective and stunt your development?
I suppose it is much like seeing out of dirty foggy glasses
or a pair with a slight and unnoticeable
indistinguishable scratch in them.
all insecurities laid out in a synergy of
your worse fears and attributes materialized from shadow.
Sentences spin around my head before I speak them
one little flower Growing in the crack of a side walk
chases the blues away
the throes of loneliness alienation stigmatism
out of body one consciousness
Hiding behind the neon night.
under the trash taken by the breeze.
in the oil slick pools of rainwater.
the loose concrete.
its only ten minutes back
back to my friends
back to reality
or have I walking, collided with it
like walking into a spiders web
so fragile and weak
the spider will not have food
the spider will rebuild without fear.
I speak and each word has a flavor
and sweet compliments
and stale lies and rich cogito
Lurks inside me as my shower feeds my flesh
as the rainwater feeds my garden
as the irrigation feeds my neighbors
as the toilet tank empties into the sea
as salve coats my tongue
and I bring joy to my peers
Am I holding the mirror or are they,
or are we swimming in the same tide?
I feel the stem of my flower pulsate
and exfoliate a vivid yellow
to a droll black and grey nightmare
I the buds tender and youthful sting my palms
and the next time I fall down I may not get up
I may float with the pollen and fall with the rain
and stagnate with the autumnal leaves
mendicant of all the beauty of the earth.
jerome moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shadows by jerome moore )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Steve Turner
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- I failed to understand this world, gajanan mishra
- Now I am Mr. Delight, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The 7 Signs of The Holy Night...(In Haik.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Day After Chris+mas...(A 10 Word Acr.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- So encouraging, hasmukh amathalal
- So Good, Michael P. McParland
- Snuggle, Michael P. McParland
- To speak untruth, hasmukh amathalal
- Sleep Well Love, Michael P. McParland
- Sleep Tight Sweet Lady, Michael P. McParland