What is it that I long for?
What is it I seek?
Name and Fame I am shy of
Money and power I don't need..
Yet there is something just outside my grasp
Something that I want for..
But just cant seem to clasp
I know when I have "it"
I will be more complete
But what that "it" is
I just don't understand
Is it possible to find "it"?
When I don't even know, its name
How long will ‘it' elude me
I am tiring of this game…
My words just pour out and
I watch them mesmerized
somewhere, somehow, sometime
I am bound to realize..
what is it I long for
What is it I seek..
I wish someone would tell me
Does "it" even exist?
Sapna Goel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seeking 'It'... by Sapna Goel )
- Fuzzy Fellow, Patrick Czyz
- Feel a human life!, Somanathan Iyer
- Last night, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Erotic Haiku, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IV, Frank Avon
- As major, hasmukh amathalal
- last spring, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Open it happily, hasmukh amathalal
- Footless though, gajanan mishra
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal