What is it that I long for?
What is it I seek?
Name and Fame I am shy of
Money and power I don't need..
Yet there is something just outside my grasp
Something that I want for..
But just cant seem to clasp
I know when I have "it"
I will be more complete
But what that "it" is
I just don't understand
Is it possible to find "it"?
When I don't even know, its name
How long will ‘it' elude me
I am tiring of this game…
My words just pour out and
I watch them mesmerized
somewhere, somehow, sometime
I am bound to realize..
what is it I long for
What is it I seek..
I wish someone would tell me
Does "it" even exist?
Sapna Goel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seeking 'It'... by Sapna Goel )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Emily Jane Brontë
(30 July 1818 – 19 December 1848)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Wanderer at the hills of freedom, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Expressing Self, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- JULEKALENDER # X, Gunnar Mo.
- Raise voice against terrorism and racism, Aftab Alam
- Passion, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Immersing Self, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hymn, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Wrong Mountain!, David Lewis Paget
- A Hidden Haiku Legend, Merton Lee
- Improve image, hasmukh amathalal