What is it that I long for?
What is it I seek?
Name and Fame I am shy of
Money and power I don't need..
Yet there is something just outside my grasp
Something that I want for..
But just cant seem to clasp
I know when I have "it"
I will be more complete
But what that "it" is
I just don't understand
Is it possible to find "it"?
When I don't even know, its name
How long will ‘it' elude me
I am tiring of this game…
My words just pour out and
I watch them mesmerized
somewhere, somehow, sometime
I am bound to realize..
what is it I long for
What is it I seek..
I wish someone would tell me
Does "it" even exist?
Sapna Goel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seeking 'It'... by Sapna Goel )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)