What is it that I long for?
What is it I seek?
Name and Fame I am shy of
Money and power I don't need..
Yet there is something just outside my grasp
Something that I want for..
But just cant seem to clasp
I know when I have "it"
I will be more complete
But what that "it" is
I just don't understand
Is it possible to find "it"?
When I don't even know, its name
How long will ‘it' elude me
I am tiring of this game…
My words just pour out and
I watch them mesmerized
somewhere, somehow, sometime
I am bound to realize..
what is it I long for
What is it I seek..
I wish someone would tell me
Does "it" even exist?
Sapna Goel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seeking 'It'... by Sapna Goel )
- Gorgeous Girls, Scott J. Shepard
- Your Wet Eyelashes, Eyelids, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minor Keys, Scott J. Shepard
- My Forgotten Love, Gianni Pansensoy
- Social Reconstruction, Scott J. Shepard
- Rain, Chad Seagraves
- For the Taste, Scott J. Shepard
- Tracings, Scott J. Shepard
- Choosing a Christmas Card for 2011, Frank Avon
- GANDHI RE REMEMBERED...., M.D Dinesh Nair
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)