Seek The Present Moment….
Seek the lost moment, seek.., seek…, seek …….Don’t let it slip away, away, away, away …..
Ask for everything you have lost by neglect, oh by neglect!
Then you shall find love, grace, and light again, yes, again, again, again
Heaven will open up for the ray of hope and joy will shine through the cracks of your heart to illuminate the inner of your soul, oh soul, I long so much for your lost moment, all your lost moments to be rediscovered and reclaimed, but only with flame, the flame of eternal bliss.
Don’t give away to distress, no, no, no, not distress
Look at love with full caress, caress, caress, past and present
For the goodness of the Lord is in-fin-ite-ly immense and overflowing like a self-perpetuating song
His love encloses in my heart, greater than any human heart, greater much greater, much kinder, much worthily longed for than my human heart full of its weakness and miseries
The Lord is the only One who now can help
So hope and trust, worship Him to your utmost
Remember the memories, desires, hungers for Him not for any human beings
To come back, back, back all the way back, and immediately throw yourself into His loving and eagerly waiting arms
I know, I just know, He has longed waiting for you, expecting you to love you, you, you, you, simply you.
Oh, I pray, how I wish you listen and heed my pleading to believe me, what I says, to believe in HIM!
(I am listening to Josh Garrels’ “Slip Away’ wile composing this, trying to make it sound like a pleading…from the bottom of my heart.)
Don Nguyen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seek The Present Moment…. by Don Nguyen )
- Quran, The Ways of Ascent, Mohja Kahf
- 'My Persuasion' Over 'Her Coyness'., Prabhat Priyadarshi
- rain, Erin Daly
- I Hope, Michael McParland
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis
(17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)
- Laurence Overmire
(24 June 1842 - 26 December 1913)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
Edgar Lee Masters
(23 August 1868 – 5 March 1950)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 November 1731 – 25 April 1800)