One of those self-same monsters
Was counting sheep in the disturbances
Surrounding the collapse of a deep sense.
And my dynamic imagination felt like
Reading the woolly animals for their brains,
My own disturbances tired afterwards.
Do all women sleep with rules and attributes?
The sharp aroma of coffee awakened in the mind,
Almost hearing noises with eyes and ears.
The tang of orange-juice deliberately sorted
The habits of a century, fully reforming the stay.
Then I fell asleep. I can't remember those
Dreams when he pretended to sleep.
What colour of butter had been open?
I placed a tray onto the heads
With mouth wide open.
I fell asleep with sleep being a provider
As much as gold and silver of dreams.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Same Dreams by Naveed Akram )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 February 1970-)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Adam Lindsay Gordon
(19 October 1833 – 24 June 1870)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Your Paradise Is Met, Naveed Akram
- Who Needs Rains In Heaven?, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Prevention is better than cure, Leong Ming Loong
- Twittering Among Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Magic, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life Stretching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Electric Love, Suresh Dogra
- Capturing An Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Letting Imagination Run, RoseAnn V. Shawiak