Running for my life
With one foot off the ground,
then another image split time
feel every second hearing every sound
Erasing desires from my mind.
The crisp morning clouds
Fly low with each drop of rain packed tight
I am walking through the crowds,
But my soul is having a fight.
Full trail marathon mostly uphill
wet and aching feet and sore joints
longing to see finish time and hear final bell,
I fell on slippery roads at turning points.
Watching time reduces the gap
Running through troublesome pain
I’m at peace with each small drop
never give up going one step at a time.
Age comes to enjoy the fearful silence
In the middle of this earthen treasure
I run in city streets to country distance
Racing with life pack tight with adventure
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Running for my life by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Did you read them?
- I Poet Seer of the Parched throat, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Civilization of our people, Emmanuel George Cefai
- मोदैनि थरथिँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- The wounds of May, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I suffer pain, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Now June begins., Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Day Is Nearly Done, Paul Gerard Reed
- I wish I were a butterfly, Victoria Robbins
- THEIR PAINS AND THEIR SUFFERINGS ARE MINE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- THEIR PAINS AND THEIR SUFFERINGS ARE MIN.., MOHAMMAD SKATI