Ronaldo, The New Emperor
It is the news in Portugal, the footballer Ronaldo has won a golden football
and the country rejoices, after Eusebio died a new emperor is needed,
a hero people can look up to, one who can continue the people’s culture....
This, perhaps, is modernity, technology that and instant messages is coming
down to a game of football and a TV that has commentators who cannot stop
talking about it. The mind appears not to expand as modern skill does, oft it
little behind to the days when people asked why rivers tended to run into
the ocean, luckily they lacked skills to make rivers run faster by making them
straighter shaving off curves and circles.... The reason we live in relative peace
has to do what great thinkers thought and wrote about and influenced our
imperfect brains, we looked up to the stars and asked questions, a curiosity that
made us civilized, but modern mass media made us multicultural and bland.
In the end life is a game of soccer, and a football has no corners.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ronaldo 1 by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Friendship, Abekah Emmanuel
- If I fail,, hasmukh amathalal
- meet my new jabberwocky, Mandolyn ...
- The Peace of Trees, Sandra Feldman
- and back to the middle of the road lies .., RIC S. BASTASA
- aut neca aut necare, RIC S. BASTASA
- Not a Poem at all, sEaN nOrTh
- to be empty all over again and move like.., RIC S. BASTASA
- and once again you decide to live., RIC S. BASTASA
- 'tonight at ten'., RIC S. BASTASA