Soccer Poems - Poems For Soccer
Poems about soccer. You can read the best soccer poems. Browse through all soccer poems.
The Football Match - Poem by Anonymous Americas
O wild kaleidoscopic panorama of jaculatory arms and legs.
The twisting, twining, turning, tussling, throwing, thrusting,
throttling, tugging, thumping, the tightening thews.
The tearing of tangled trousers, the jut of giant calves protuberant.
The wriggleness, the wormlike, snaky movement and life of it;
The insertion of strong men in the mud, the wallowing, the stamping with thick shoes;
The rowdyism, and élan, the slugging and scraping, the cowboy Homeric ferocity.
(Ah, well kicked, red legs! Hit her up, you muddy little hero, you!)
The bleeding noses, the shins, the knuckles abraded:
That's the way to make men! Go it, you border ruffians, I like ye.
Only two sorts of men are any good, I wouldn't give a cotton hat for no other --
The Poet and the Plug Ugly. They are picturesque. O, but ain't they?
These college chaps, these bouncing fighters from M'Gill and Toronto,
Are all right. I must have a fighter, a bully, somewhat of a desperado;
Of course, I prefer them raw, uneducated, unspoiled by book rot;
I reckon these young fellows, these howling Kickapoos of the puddle, these boys,
Have been uneducated to an undemocratic and feudal-aristocratic extent;
Lord! how they can kick, though! Another man slugged there!
Unnumbered festoons of pretty Canadian girls, I salute you;
Howl away, you non-playing encouragers of the kickers!
Rah, Rah, Rah, Rah, Rah, Rah, M'Gill!
Rah, Rah, Rah, Sis, Boom, Toronto! Lusty-throated give it!
O, wild, tumultuous, multitudinous shindy. Well, this is the boss;
This is worth coming twenty miles to see. Personally, I haven't had so much fun
since I was vaccinated.
I wonder if the Doctor spectates it. Here is something beyond his plesiosauri.
Pure physical glow and exultation this of abundantest muscle:
I wish John Sullivan were here.
O, the kicking, stamping, punching, the gore and the glory of battle!
Kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick. Will you kick!
You kickers, scoop up the mud, steam plough the field,
Fall all over yourselves, squirm out! Look at that pile-driver of a full-back there!
Run, leg it, hang on to the ball; say, you big chump, don't you kill that little chap
When you are about it.
Well, I'd like to know what a touch down is, then? Draw?
Where's your draw?
Comments about The Football Match by Anonymous Americas
Poems About Soccer
- 1. The Football Match , Anonymous Americas
- 2. My Old Football , John Milton Hayes
- 3. The Fear , Pablo Neruda
- 4. Soccer , Herbert Nehrlich
- 5. We Are Family , Michael J. Burt
- 6. Poetry And Flowers , Luke Davies
- 7. ! Loyal Fan , Linda Ori
- 8. Soccer , BOBo ROBbY
- 9. Soccer Girl , Marilyn Lott
- 10. The Beautiful Game (Soccer) , Gab Oso
- 11. Kick Me...Again , nia imani
- 12. *football Field Gem , Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
- 13. True Friendship , Jennifer Hanson
- 14. Padraig , Hazel Durham
- 15. **when We Talk About Something , HAZEL Calumarde
- 16. To Win A Game , Ivan Donn Carswell
- 17. My Childhood , amir mohammad islami chalandar
- 18. Small Wonder , Smoky Hoss
- 19. 300 Masked Cried Vagrants Farmer , starseven0 starseven0
- 20. (109) Many What If’s And More , Risha Ahmed (12 yrs)
- 21. Reciting Poetry , Nassy Fesharaki
- 22. On The Outside , Michael Philips
- 23. For Dad A Limerick , Ellias Anderson C.A ( Known ..
- 24. Africa , Gopi Krishnan Kottoor
- 25. My Mom , Arfa Karim
- 26. Sport (Alliteration) , Philip Winchester
- 27. It's So Hard To Say Goodbye , David Beckham
- 28. Is A Soccer Mom A Loser? ...For Sure! , .. , Michael Gale
- 29. I Love! ! ! , Tracey Collins
- 30. Gollllllllll , Juan Olivarez
- 31. My Friend, I Should Have Said , teal sky
- 32. The Boys F.C , Makhosonke Dhlamini
- 33. A Soccer Report. , michael walker
- 34. Ronaldo , oskar hansen
- 35. 0021 Football's New Rules , Michael Shepherd
- 36. Soccer , Courtney Sycowski
- 37. 'Tis Football , Francis Duggan
- 38. I Travel Fifty Years Back When I Hear Yo.. , nimal dunuhinga
- 39. How Not To Play War , Ima Ryma
- 40. Soccer! , katrina stewart
- 41. Soccer No Sale , Ima Ryma
- 42. Alphabet Poem - Sport , Daniel Sokol
- 43. Restraint , Sabrina ,
- 44. I Love Cyclone! ! ! , Shankaran Kutty
- 45. Pukllay Harmony Of Differences , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 46. Zinnedine Zidane , Francis Duggan
- 47. My Love Is Like A Soccer Game.... , Henric Kristoffer Miranda
- 48. Friendship , David C. Simon
- 49. Ronaldo 1 , oskar hansen
- 50. A Winning Shot! , Ramesh T A
New Soccer Poems
- I Love Cyclone! ! !, Shankaran Kutty
- Vindictive With A Vendetta, Willio Etienne
- How Not To Play War, Ima Ryma
- Soccer No Sale, Ima Ryma
- Waving From The Stands, Jim Yerman
- Ere, Soccer Was All White, Aniruddha Pathak
- For Dad A Limerick, Ellias Anderson C.A ( Known ..
- Soccer!, katrina stewart
- Soccer World Cup 2010, Allen Brodell
- I Fail You, Aldo Kraas
- carpe diem