A routine annual clean up
at the start of the New Year!
heaps of used up papers
broken knick knacks-
the contents of her shelf’s drawer,
old and musty.
all too suddenly,
from the charred bones
of a died down funeral pyre,
with lovelorn eyes!
Bursting the bandage of time,
blood and serum oozed out
and once more
a festering wound! !
Time may put an ache to sleep
But anytime it may wake up and peep!
Valsa George's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Resurrection by Valsa George )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Change, Sandra Feldman
- Bengal Tiger in Trouble, rohan bendre
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu