Repay For My Past Sins
Dearest Lord, how can I now undo all the damage I had caused on human hearts
Of those who have loved me but their loves cannot be satisfied or fulfilled?
How can I console their souls to make them tranquil?
By soothing words or arms opened widely to comfort?
By singing a love song or by directing her to petition and prayer?
My Love, Spirit of Love, please come to our aid;
Shine your Light and grant enlightenment to assist
Our humble souls which are so distracted with carnal desires and human inclinations
Oh, my Lord, my Love, come to help Thy repentant servant not to condone his past wrongs
But to guide the sorrowful sinner's path to repair, to repay, to sacrifice as ransom.
Show me the ways, which are pure and holy and just in Thy eyes
To make amends for my past sins.
Don Nguyen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Repay For My Past Sins by Don Nguyen )
- तुम्हारी याद (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Sacred Men, Naveed Akram
- दर्द ही सही (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- तेरा ग़म (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- On the road of life على طريق الحياة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Travel, Hans Raj Sharma
- I Will Enter, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Unlimited Love, howard simon
- O, Earth! O, Heavens!, Rachel Glassman
- Epithalamium, Rachel Glassman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)