Repay For My Past Sins
Dearest Lord, how can I now undo all the damage I had caused on human hearts
Of those who have loved me but their loves cannot be satisfied or fulfilled?
How can I console their souls to make them tranquil?
By soothing words or arms opened widely to comfort?
By singing a love song or by directing her to petition and prayer?
My Love, Spirit of Love, please come to our aid;
Shine your Light and grant enlightenment to assist
Our humble souls which are so distracted with carnal desires and human inclinations
Oh, my Lord, my Love, come to help Thy repentant servant not to condone his past wrongs
But to guide the sorrowful sinner's path to repair, to repay, to sacrifice as ransom.
Show me the ways, which are pure and holy and just in Thy eyes
To make amends for my past sins.
Don Nguyen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Repay For My Past Sins by Don Nguyen )
- Fearsome route, gajanan mishra
- मीडिया, Priyanka Gupta
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- सीने में आग भरो, Aftab Alam
- Annoyance Generator, Christopher Withers
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
- The truant.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- All Is This World, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Feeling Alive, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(3rd April 19sixty)