Repay For My Past Sins
Dearest Lord, how can I now undo all the damage I had caused on human hearts
Of those who have loved me but their loves cannot be satisfied or fulfilled?
How can I console their souls to make them tranquil?
By soothing words or arms opened widely to comfort?
By singing a love song or by directing her to petition and prayer?
My Love, Spirit of Love, please come to our aid;
Shine your Light and grant enlightenment to assist
Our humble souls which are so distracted with carnal desires and human inclinations
Oh, my Lord, my Love, come to help Thy repentant servant not to condone his past wrongs
But to guide the sorrowful sinner's path to repair, to repay, to sacrifice as ransom.
Show me the ways, which are pure and holy and just in Thy eyes
To make amends for my past sins.
Don Nguyen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Repay For My Past Sins by Don Nguyen )
- The Threat To My Love, Claude Simpson
- Core Of Mistrust, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Motive Is The Focus, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- macarana, Cee Bea
- Gathering Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Casting Out My Worries To You, Monterio Hill
- The Initiation, Echezonachukwu Nduka
- Circular Cycle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unofficial Issues, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Closed, Annalee Hopkins Somerville
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1886 - 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)