Repay For My Past Sins
Dearest Lord, how can I now undo all the damage I had caused on human hearts
Of those who have loved me but their loves cannot be satisfied or fulfilled?
How can I console their souls to make them tranquil?
By soothing words or arms opened widely to comfort?
By singing a love song or by directing her to petition and prayer?
My Love, Spirit of Love, please come to our aid;
Shine your Light and grant enlightenment to assist
Our humble souls which are so distracted with carnal desires and human inclinations
Oh, my Lord, my Love, come to help Thy repentant servant not to condone his past wrongs
But to guide the sorrowful sinner's path to repair, to repay, to sacrifice as ransom.
Show me the ways, which are pure and holy and just in Thy eyes
To make amends for my past sins.
Don Nguyen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Repay For My Past Sins by Don Nguyen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- In memoriam, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns
- A Wishing Star, Asma Riaz Khan
- Simply Spoken Dissearpering Vapors, Heather Burns
- amour is armour because of the r, Mandolyn ...
- Where Can I Buy Happine$$, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken Wind Dance, Heather Burns
- Lights Out, Bill Cantrell
- our conversation's getting fat, Mandolyn ...