Lay me down on a bed of roses,
For my heart has ceased to beat.
My mind shall no longer wander to and fro,
For I must go to my eternal sleep.
If I succeeded in anything,
Then praise the Heavens above.
For I was just a mortal man,
In search of his true love.
If I triumphed and barriers overcame,
Then speak of me with pride;
For I was just another name.
Another one who died and
If I managed to affect your heart;
In the years you had known me.
Then cry for me as I depart,
But never weep because without me you are lonely.
For I am with you, always my friend
So say see you later, not goodbye at the end.
For it is only a matter of time;
Before we meet again
And then once again you shall have me.
So fight your way through all the pain.
Escape from mourning and live life free;
For every night a hero must fall
And tonight my love, I was chosen to be.
Taken to a higher plateau, way above this world;
To rest in peace, alongside God.
In Heaven I shall wait for you
And once again we shall be reunited.
For love conquers any distance,
That life and death may hold between us.
(C) 2013 Aa Harvey. All Rights Reserved.
AaI Harvey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Remember me by AaI Harvey )
- LIMERICK FRIENDS, Philo Yan
- Wine and Heart, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Sun Doth Shine, Tango Tango
- Alive, Leong Ming Loong
- Poems proclaim, Mark Heathcote
- My Battle Ground, Emily Krauss
- Whatcha Doing, Emily Krauss
- More And More Sheila And Clifford ..... .., Bri Edwards
- Ends, douglas scotney
- To Wait On A Woman, Randy McClave
Poem of the Day
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(22 March 1941 -)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)