Remember the years we pledged our heart,
The vows we took to never part?
The sad times we cried tears of sorrow;
that, helped us make a happier tomorrow
remember the romantic walks in the park,
holding each other close in the dark?
Remember the birth of our only son?
The moment was love, the pain was none
Remember the air was full of joy,
Our love was reborn through our baby boy
Remember our lives were happy and our hearts were to,
Not a moment of sadness or no time to be blue
Remember the best times of our lives;
for, they will remain when we are no more!
Kelley Collins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
He was killed by a drunk driver when our children were very young.
He never got the honors of seeing his children grow into adults and play with his grandchildren.This to me was unfair and unjust to many.
Please do not drink and drive.
Comments about this poem (Remember by Kelley Collins )
- We, Yohan Confectioner
- Trust None, Even Me!, Sir Toby
- More Deliberately Taken, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ah, money!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- We shall overcome someday, Vidura Prabhath
- Jadavpur University Campus And The Lefti.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Excellence, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Chains, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- New Dawn, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Stolen Ancient Landmark, Sir Toby
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)