Waltz For Zizi
Read And Smile
She left him. A tragedy, but nor he, nor she ever cried.
She was fine, he wasn't (for a while) .
He took his time, for it was hard
to get rid of such a freckled love,
and after many months
finally decided, what to do with life:
'You've thrown ground on my heart,
but I'm not gonna die here, among your monsters.
I'm gonna run, to where your eyes can't even see,
away from your smile, from your voice.
I'm gonna find the angels of your god,
and glue their wings unto my back
and only then I'll return to you,
the smile that you show today
while hiding nude, in the barbarous arms of your men.',
and then he bottled the words,
into a few verses,
that one day, she might stumble upon,
and read, smile and say:
'What a fool! '
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Read And Smile by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul
- Winterchill, Richard Provencher
- Jungle of the English Language, Ken e Hall
- I was Dreaming, Oduro Bright Amoh