Of Muses And Other Ghosts
Read And Smile
She left him. A tragedy, but nor he, nor she ever cried.
She was fine, he wasn't (for a while) .
He took his time, for it was hard
to get rid of such a freckled love,
and after many months
finally decided, what to do with life:
'You've thrown ground on my heart,
but I'm not gonna die here, among your monsters.
I'm gonna run, to where your eyes can't even see,
away from your smile, from your voice.
I'm gonna find the angels of your god,
and glue their wings unto my back
and only then I'll return to you,
the smile that you show today
while hiding nude, in the barbarous arms of your men.',
and then he bottled the words,
into a few verses,
that one day, she might stumble upon,
and read, smile and say:
'What a fool! '
Of Muses And Other Ghosts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Read And Smile by Of Muses And Other Ghosts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Good Dream Or Bad Dream For A Writer? Yo.., Ronald Chapman
- The wave, Tony Adah
- Look me in the eye, Poison kuhn
- The Goat (Children's Poem), Ronald Chapman
- ONE'S LIFE SHARE IN LIFE نصيب الواحد في .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Mystery of poem, gajanan mishra
- Dramatization, Kewayne Wadley
- The Maddening Dance, Tony Adah
- Alternative Prayer, Phil Soar
- I appear, gajanan mishra