A spatter of rain on the window pane,
Pearls of water, lucent in arrested suspense;
How they balance gravity and poise!
My car is parked; some bulbous water drops
Are sliding down the windshield
In precipitate descent.
Twin wipers have swept two vacant arcs,
Overlapping twins, sharing a middle space where
Both have expelled a throng of lucent raindrops.
Pearline water has its way of perishing;
It leaves me a flickering vision amid
Drips and drops of late summer rain.
Ananta Madhavan's Other Poems
Topic(s): rain drops
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Raindrops by Ananta Madhavan )
Did you read them?
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.44, Robert Graber
- My dinner عشائي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ang hastayw, Shri R Brahma
- Jwmwiya mwsayw, Shri R Brahma
- Dinwini gwswkhangthiyao, Shri R Brahma
- Thunlai swrjini, Shri R Brahma
- To poetess Neela Nath with pleasure and .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Baonai nonga bodofa, Shri R Brahma
- loudness in my eyes, Ivana Valasikova
- daddy issues, Ivana Valasikova
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)