Rain & thunderstorms
Some people don't like rain but I do.
I enjoy hearing it hit the roof.
I also enjoy thunderstorms, especially at night.
It gives me pleasure while it gives some people fright.
But I don't like floods, tornadoes or hurricanes.
I don't like weather that inflicts pain.
When it comes thunderstorms, many people are annoyed.
It may be strange because they bring me joy.
Randy Johnson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rain & thunderstorms by Randy Johnson )
- Gods And Man, Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- From 'Emancipation Of Women', Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- In Verona, Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- In An Album, Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- First Day of the Year, Translation of Pi.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- A coup failed, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Mature Laurel, Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- We all Mourn, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Small Circle, Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- The Past, Cyprian Kamil Norwid
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 45 Mercy Street, Anne Sexton
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(October 27, 1932 – February 11, 1963)