Rain & thunderstorms
Some people don't like rain but I do.
I enjoy hearing it hit the roof.
I also enjoy thunderstorms, especially at night.
It gives me pleasure while it gives some people fright.
But I don't like floods, tornadoes or hurricanes.
I don't like weather that inflicts pain.
When it comes thunderstorms, many people are annoyed.
It may be strange because they bring me joy.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rain & thunderstorms by Randy Johnson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Poem of the Day
- Those Moments Of Weakness لحظات الضعف هذه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Money (Cedi), Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Off the Rez, Smoky Hoss
- As an emigrant كمهاجر, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Two Little Boats, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- The Golden Swan, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- As a passer-bye, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is Blue, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Song of Yuletide Night, Sir Toby Moses
- Another Jungle Pool, Denis Martindale