Joseph T. Renaldi
Proverbs of a Dog
Who loves me, loves my dog.
Whatever its color, a dog is a dog.
Cut off the dog's tail, it remains a dog.
What! bark myself rather than keep a dog.
Do not wake a sleeping dog?
The first to bite is a silent dog.
Beware of still water and a silent dog.
As greedy as a dog, as tired as a dog.
The fatter the flea, the leaner the dog.
Nothing but fleas are attracted to a lean dog.
You will rise with fleas lying down with a dog.
One must pick up many stones to pelt a barking dog.
A stick does not create fear in in a hungry dog.
It's hard to teach tricks to an old dog.
It's hard to break ill customs of an old dog.
The hinder is most often bitten by a dog.
The moon does not heed a barking dog.
Hold fast your staff when a companion is a dog.
A good rabbit hunter is not a kitchen dog.
Uprising of a screechy cat and a barking dog.
To lie as fast as the licking of a dish by a dog
Stones or bread, one must have something for a dog.
All are not thieves when barked at by a dog.
The best safety alarm in a home is a barking dog.
A dog is wiser than a woman,
it does not bark at its master.
It is better to irritate a dog than a woman,
A snapish dog will take care of the house faster.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Proverbs of a Dog by Joseph T. Renaldi )
- At That Time, Luis Estable
- A Poem and Four Films, the guy in charge
- Short Never, Luis Estable
- Deep Monster, Naveed Akram
- Allow This, Luis Estable
- A better life حياة افضل, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- She Loved Her Some Peterbilt, the guy in charge
- Bad Timing, Luis Estable
- God`s Best Work, Luis Estable
- Hiya duck, george albot
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)