Joseph T. Renaldi
Proverbs of a Dog
Who loves me, loves my dog.
Whatever its color, a dog is a dog.
Cut off the dog's tail, it remains a dog.
What! bark myself rather than keep a dog.
Do not wake a sleeping dog?
The first to bite is a silent dog.
Beware of still water and a silent dog.
As greedy as a dog, as tired as a dog.
The fatter the flea, the leaner the dog.
Nothing but fleas are attracted to a lean dog.
You will rise with fleas lying down with a dog.
One must pick up many stones to pelt a barking dog.
A stick does not create fear in in a hungry dog.
It's hard to teach tricks to an old dog.
It's hard to break ill customs of an old dog.
The hinder is most often bitten by a dog.
The moon does not heed a barking dog.
Hold fast your staff when a companion is a dog.
A good rabbit hunter is not a kitchen dog.
Uprising of a screechy cat and a barking dog.
To lie as fast as the licking of a dish by a dog
Stones or bread, one must have something for a dog.
All are not thieves when barked at by a dog.
The best safety alarm in a home is a barking dog.
A dog is wiser than a woman,
it does not bark at its master.
It is better to irritate a dog than a woman,
A snapish dog will take care of the house faster.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Proverbs of a Dog by Joseph T. Renaldi )
- Birds Singing, Peter S. Quinn
- Days will not be the same, forget not, Aftab Alam
- Beauty, Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- Si, Oilibheir Alain Christie
- New Aryan Bird of Prey, Marieta Maglas
- grim reaper, lee fones
- Against Inordinate Love Of Creautes, John Beaumont
- Helping a Blind Lady, Donal Mahoney
- The Picture Book At The End Of The World, mary douglas
- O women, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 45 Mercy Street, Anne Sexton
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)