Poetic Meditation On Perfection
Perfection comes from a contemplative decision
From the heart enforced by a will;
Its strength of love being put on scale.
Perfection reflects not a promise
But a desire which aims for no goal;
Instead in deeds it gives its whole heart.
Stepping forward to the reality footlights,
The perfectionist does not recoil from possible mistakes;
Not withstanding his weaknesses
He becomes daring, for he is driven;
No sentimental nuances, fickle or influential voices
Will cause his soul anxious.
The perfectionist thrives in the beauty of perfections;
And he will not settle for anything less, second best
Because his life can only be defined
In the form of a magnificently crafted poem,
The work of a lifetime art which is raved by all.
With all his being, his soul, his utmost care,
He renders anything he has touched perfect.
Don Nguyen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poetic Meditation On Perfection by Don Nguyen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Wondrous Journey (Reincarnation), Ronald Chapman
- My Day Haiku Form 575, Ronald Chapman
- A.Blok, To Yury Verkhovensky - Translati.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, To Valery Bryusov - Translation .., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, To Vladimir Bestuzhev - Translat.., Lyudmila Purgina
- Ice Storm, Ronald Chapman
- A.Pushkin, To a portrait of Zhukovsky - .., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Pushkin, To Zhukovsky - translation (r.., Lyudmila Purgina
- RUINS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A.Blok, To Vyacheslav Ivanov - Translati.., Lyudmila Purgina