Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Release Yourself
Release yourself from haughty thoughts,
since God's foolishness is wiser than you;
His wisdom and knowledge transcends time,
unlike the limitations of the Human view.
Release yourself from worries and concerns,
for He has promised to meet your every need;
reap benefits from the gifting that He placed
within your implantation of spiritual seed.
Release yourself now from your earthly cares;
honor Him with your time, tithes and talent!
Test the Lord today against His Scriptural Word,
for His grace will always be your Divine supplement!
Give yourself to God, while upon this earth you trod;
give yourself to His Light and sleep peacefully each night.
Loosely based on:
Phil 4: 19-20; 2 Cor 10: 5; Isa 57: 15; Psa 90,4: 3-8
2 Peter 3: 8; 2 Tim 1: 7-10; Mark 11: 22-25
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Release Yourself by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
- I Never Travelled Alone, Akhtar Jawad
- Wholesomeness To Thirst, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sleep At The Wheel, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Home and Love, Aftab Alam
- Annihilation of trust, Aftab Alam
- Take My Things..., Mr. Nobody
- power of youth, maharshi trivedi
- Let the body die, why should I die?, Aftab Alam
- artist, maharshi trivedi
- life of indigent, maharshi trivedi
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(22 March 1941 -)