Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Heart of Compassion?
Do you regularly wear an invisible,
‘do not disturb’ sign around your neck?
Are you on a real mission for The Kingdom
or on the adventure of a personal trek?
Can you be moved to help without limitations?
Are you consistently viewed as unapproachable?
Does your mind reflect an attitude of a servant?
Remember that genuine Love is always actionable.
Forget about the wickedness of the World,
for we are still the hands and feet of Christ.
The day of reckoning will eventually come.
Are you really living a spirit-filled life?
When divinely recreated by Him within your soul,
God imbued in you an inherent desire to do good.
Are you involved with community or just hiding…
behind the false claim of being misunderstood?
Are you being led by the Holy Ghost’s power
or leaning on the strength of human frailty?
Can you identify your underlying motivation?
Do you have an authentic grasp of reality?
Won’t you share your needed talents with others?
Can you name Him as a source of your inspiration?
What is the prevailing condition of your humanity?
Have you opened or closed your… heart of compassion?
Loosely based on:
1 John 3: 17-18; Eph 2: 10,5: 2; 1 Cor 13: 1-8;
Luke 10: 25-37
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
Amazon (dot) com
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2014, All rights reserved.
Author, Reaching Towards His Unbounded Glory
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Heart of Compassion? by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall ف.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fulani and His Cattle, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- LOVE, DRASHI SHAH
- LITTLE DREAM, DRASHI SHAH
- Together Alone, S. I. Rednow
- HOLDING HANDS.., DRASHI SHAH
- Love Can Do It, Akhtar Jawad
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The flame of hope, bryan wallace
- Myself, Hans Raj Sharma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)