Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Called to Worship (VII)
It’s the dawning of a new day
and my heart can’t help but sing;
Your grace and tender mercies flow
from the eternal realm of my King.
Shine the brightness of Your Light,
deep into the blackness of my soul;
direct my steps away from sin’s abyss
with Your standard of self-control.
Illuminate my spirit with the radiance
of Truth, that’s found within Your Word.
Continue to educate and edify me daily
with messages that were previously unheard.
Although I presently reside on Earth,
Your Kingdom holds my first citizenship.
Train me to be Your ambassador by showing
how I am permanently… called to worship!
Loosely based on:
Dan 7: 27; Matt 3: 2,6: 33; John 18: 36; Rom 2: 12;
1 Pet 1: 5-7,2: 9-10; 2 Cor 3: 17-18,5: 20-21;
Col 1: 13
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Called to Worship (VII) by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
- Independent Soul, Colin Hurley
- With A Sweet Smile, SILVI TRIPATHY
- God and Most Young People, Is It Poetry
- Sensible Solution, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A TEASPOON SMILE, ANKIT DEDHA
- Learning Human Nature, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sliding Into Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nervous Self, You, Lucas Pate
- I Indulge, michael walkerjohn
- Basukinath Temple of Lord Shiva, umaprosad das
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Felicia Dorothea Hemans
(25 September 1793 – 16 May 1835)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)