Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Called to Worship (VII)
It’s the dawning of a new day
and my heart can’t help but sing;
Your grace and tender mercies flow
from the eternal realm of my King.
Shine the brightness of Your Light,
deep into the blackness of my soul;
direct my steps away from sin’s abyss
with Your standard of self-control.
Illuminate my spirit with the radiance
of Truth, that’s found within Your Word.
Continue to educate and edify me daily
with messages that were previously unheard.
Although I presently reside on Earth,
Your Kingdom holds my first citizenship.
Train me to be Your ambassador by showing
how I am permanently… called to worship!
Loosely based on:
Dan 7: 27; Matt 3: 2,6: 33; John 18: 36; Rom 2: 12;
1 Pet 1: 5-7,2: 9-10; 2 Cor 3: 17-18,5: 20-21;
Col 1: 13
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Called to Worship (VII) by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- i still weep for June~, Mandolyn ...
- Uncombed Sanctity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Good Morning, Cathy Hodgson
- Foolish People Sayings, Terence G. Craddock
- Today's Journey, Cathy Hodgson
- Death Wishes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Prayer For Peace, Savita Tyagi
- Unknown Qualities, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flashback of a Comrade, Barisan Chatterjee
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -73, Ronjoy Brahma