Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Another Season of Spring
Another season of Spring is here
and again I’m one with the shiny rake.
Will this new tool survive the year,
before in my hand, it eventually breaks?
These annual attempts of mastering physics
of “leaf dynamics”, during the removal of leaves,
is usually a pleasant task of physical joy,
since my searching spirit is at rest and ease.
However, the annoyance of my insect entourage
of gnats, no-see-ums, mosquitoes and black flies
distracts me, from vying for my undivided attention
with their constant buzzing… around my head and eyes.
So I focus on the muted tones of decaying foliage
from last year’s deposit of once vibrant colors.
Gently I’m reminded of cyclical patterns of life,
through the grandeur of the Universe’s Technicolor.
For the leafy myriad of bronze, rust and brown shades,
are steadily scraped together throughout the hours,
in surest anticipation and visualization of…
the forthcoming bounty of grass, plants and flowers.
Under the heavens, there is an expectation of activity,
that corresponds to the occupation of work and toil,
given us solely by God to subtly reinforce the unspoken
and symbiotic relationship between Mankind and soil.
For my faithful stewardship honors the Earth
and blesses the heart of my eternal King.
So I’ll continue to labor heartily unto my Lord,
knowing that there is a time… for everything!
Loosely based on:
Eccl 3; Job 34: 14-15
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2013, All rights reserved.
It’s seems that I’ve developed a notorious reputation for unintentionally breaking rakes; the latest one was damaged by me within 4.5 hours of its use.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Another Season of Spring by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Author of space and time, yvonne stine
- I Couldn't Hold On Your Hands!, Geetha Jayakumar
- An Apple Of Love!, Geetha Jayakumar
- My Astrological Calculations Just For Fun!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Forever Love, Luo Zhihai
- Love Note 17, Michael P. McParland
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey