Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: A Serving of Proverbs 16
The best way to demonstrate wisdom,
is speak with kindness and insight.
Develop the habit of faith and prayer
to truly strengthen one’s inner light.
Hidden intentions of men’s hearts,
are plainly visible before the Lord.
Honorable actions with Godly answers
show how one remains in holy accord…
from committing one’s life unto Him.
Understanding self’s true motivation,
while allowing God to guide one’s steps,
can prevent pride’s complete destruction.
Although we’re to be stewards of this Earth,
we're not shackled and are able to freely roam,
for application of God’s Word continually…
yields blessings sweeter than the honeycomb.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Loosely based on:
Prov 16; Titus 1: 7-9; 1 Cor 4: 1; 1 Pet 4: 10
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2013, All rights reserved.
Comments about this poem (Poem: A Serving of Proverbs 16 by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
- क्या मिला, sanjay kumar maurya
- The stars of respect is the smile of Sta.., Raymond Sawyer
- Insensibile, Gianfranco Aurilio
- Soul Gives Life to Dreams xx xxx xx .., Lee Mack
- Dreams Everyone Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- because we're both globe-trotters, Mandolyn ...
- Interior Constraint, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent voice, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Gentlemen For Me, Poetic Lilly Emery
- The eyes of the stars is the eyes of Sta.., Raymond Sawyer
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Young Housewife, William Carlos Williams
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)