The fear that came over me,
when you pulled me away,
and told me that secret you’ve kept.
The anger I had when it hit me.
We held each other,
our lips had been locked in a passionate moment.
And now it has all but been cleared away,
with that disease you tried to hide.
I didn’t know how to deal with such a revelation.
So I ran away.
Pulled myself as far away from your presence as I could.
But it never worked.
I couldn’t help but feel for you.
I loved you unconditionally,
but had no clue on what to do.
I used the only protection I knew,
and that was to push you away.
I just can’t watch your life,
come crashing down.
I just can’t see you descend into the ground.
Chris Cariad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (+ Plus by Chris Cariad )
- Three Days Before You Left, Mikey Bachman
- Conceptualizing Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Different Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Little Abstract, Naveed Khalid
- With a logic, hasmukh amathalal
- Peaceful Sophistication, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- She Walks By Starlight, Mikey Bachman
- Snowdon, Naveed Khalid
- Intuition, Naveed Khalid