The fear that came over me,
when you pulled me away,
and told me that secret you’ve kept.
The anger I had when it hit me.
We held each other,
our lips had been locked in a passionate moment.
And now it has all but been cleared away,
with that disease you tried to hide.
I didn’t know how to deal with such a revelation.
So I ran away.
Pulled myself as far away from your presence as I could.
But it never worked.
I couldn’t help but feel for you.
I loved you unconditionally,
but had no clue on what to do.
I used the only protection I knew,
and that was to push you away.
I just can’t watch your life,
come crashing down.
I just can’t see you descend into the ground.
Chris Cariad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (+ Plus by Chris Cariad )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- At my door, hasmukh amathalal
- Imagination but real, Mashiur Rahman
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt
- Like an old-fashioned tradition, Kamini Arichandran
- Where are we?, Pintu Mahakul
- Gazing up the sky, Seira LNlee94
- no one has ever done good without....., RIC S. BASTASA
- the night deepens, RIC S. BASTASA
- to begin with....., RIC S. BASTASA
- who is someone in your mind?, RIC S. BASTASA