Please Remove Youre Eye Makeup
Let us pretend you are defending your eyes,
when inquisition rains bring skies twinkl'n downwards
in the night; putting faces aside, burning peripheries that
I can only remember in visions of nights back when
derelict busses hummed along and silent bums cried.
Torches are lit and raised like ether to the greys of daunting
shadows, led on by a pipers piquant fog,
Shells hanging from your diamond eyes on cut-up chain-gang roads;
with echos and clicks,
with sirens that laugh.
lighting lashes in its cul-de sacs,
rocky and spine-like.
Through it all I have your eyes defended by mascara
under this canopy umbrella sky your fires open wider.
With that erotic mascara melting away
and beneath it I hear you sigh.
jerome moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Please Remove Youre Eye Makeup by jerome moore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Only One, Michael McParland
- The Night Glorious Light, Michael McParland
- The Move, Michael McParland
- When I First Saw Her, Mark Anton
- The Mist, Michael McParland
- The Land, Michael McParland
- The King, Michael McParland
- The Highest Weight Bearing Beam, Michael McParland
- The Grind, Michael McParland
- The Fool I Am, Michael McParland