Embrace the efficacy of fortunes lost.
The cerebral hemorrage of what it cost.
In an effort to be a finger of the euro phallus many.
The tiny nation of minds is left without even a penny.
The finger feels the pain first.
It dangles wanting in dire thirst.
The citosis of economic ruin,
Unregulated spending of foreign coins.
The theories of your fathers,
rest on shelves but not in your loins.
A lesson learned what fish to be.
A small fish in a pond or one in the sea.
A tragedy of sorts the fix is temporary,
In dormant lies the beast losing some inertia.
A shadow child of Aristotle and Xenocles,
the unheeded warning, the victim of peripeteia.
The only cure for a little fish that wanders
into the sea.
Is the ancient practice of economic forgiveness
the act of jubilee.
Saint Eule's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Peripeteia by Saint Eule )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(August 5, 1934)
Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Blue Roses, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Nothing Seems Right, Andrew Butler
- Seventeen Thoughts, A Lifetime, Kewayne Wadley
- Strangers Welcome, Kewayne Wadley
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie
- You Keep The Sea, Naveed Akram
- There's nothing like dance, Yisel Chong