Embrace the efficacy of fortunes lost.
The cerebral hemorrage of what it cost.
In an effort to be a finger of the euro phallus many.
The tiny nation of minds is left without even a penny.
The finger feels the pain first.
It dangles wanting in dire thirst.
The citosis of economic ruin,
Unregulated spending of foreign coins.
The theories of your fathers,
rest on shelves but not in your loins.
A lesson learned what fish to be.
A small fish in a pond or one in the sea.
A tragedy of sorts the fix is temporary,
In dormant lies the beast losing some inertia.
A shadow child of Aristotle and Xenocles,
the unheeded warning, the victim of peripeteia.
The only cure for a little fish that wanders
into the sea.
Is the ancient practice of economic forgiveness
the act of jubilee.
Saint Eule's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Peripeteia by Saint Eule )
- Pen And Pun Of It, Rites Ghosh
- Be One, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- POITIERS AND BEYOND., Terry Collett
- Jadavpur Universiy Campus Turf, Romeo An.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Let Me Display Your Pennant , Jonathan ROBIN
- UNTIL THEN, TIJANI ADEBOWALE DESTINY
- Life is a chasing game,, Aftab Alam
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Carpe Diem, William Shakespeare
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)