Perhaps I Am Drunk
Perhapd I am drunk
And maybe you cannot understand me
But whAt I am saying now shouldhold true
If feeling and soul still hold meaning to you -
My God! or whoever
Watches over us or
If thereis no one then...
A sympathetic or
Perhaps disgusted reader,
What do tou say of their
Should I keep faithful to dull forms of rhyme
Saying, for instance, roght now, the word 'chime'
Or should I now speak my quite drunken mind
In poor free verse that could sans formatting
Be justly and quickly mistaken for prose...?
What doth thou sayeth or so...?
What holds me still in my... Quest! Bethesda!
What spurns my young soul into...
Oh Great Queen,
Oh our wonderful, beautiful, old and old and old
Since the Nine Teen Hundreds they keep giving advice
Against that old beauty, all fleas and lice,
As they say.
...into seeking right means to express such
Gertrude, be the stalwart of my poor technique
And see, through my poverty, what I seek to speak!
They must grow tired under my pure
Some others have tried it.
I mean, to express
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Perhaps I Am Drunk by Paula Coroi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- LOVE VS. SCIENCE, Beryl Dov
- SUNRISE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- BACK STABBING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Dispersion of Time, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Honour Killing (For The Arabic People), Bijay Kant Dubey
- You Are In My Way, Susan Lacovara
- I FORGIVE YOU 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- THE 4 STAGES OF YOUR CHILDREN'S LOVE, Beryl Dov
- SEARCH FOR PASSION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- How do i get to the top of the mountain, cristobal Benjumea