Perhaps I Am Drunk
Perhapd I am drunk
And maybe you cannot understand me
But whAt I am saying now shouldhold true
If feeling and soul still hold meaning to you -
My God! or whoever
Watches over us or
If thereis no one then...
A sympathetic or
Perhaps disgusted reader,
What do tou say of their
Should I keep faithful to dull forms of rhyme
Saying, for instance, roght now, the word 'chime'
Or should I now speak my quite drunken mind
In poor free verse that could sans formatting
Be justly and quickly mistaken for prose...?
What doth thou sayeth or so...?
What holds me still in my... Quest! Bethesda!
What spurns my young soul into...
Oh Great Queen,
Oh our wonderful, beautiful, old and old and old
Since the Nine Teen Hundreds they keep giving advice
Against that old beauty, all fleas and lice,
As they say.
...into seeking right means to express such
Gertrude, be the stalwart of my poor technique
And see, through my poverty, what I seek to speak!
They must grow tired under my pure
Some others have tried it.
I mean, to express
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Perhaps I Am Drunk by Paula Coroi )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Let us do good, Luo Zhihai
- Ask the tree, Luo Zhihai
- The Story Of Grandpa, Taiko
- Love Note 15, Michael P. McParland
- Poetry Heaven, Kim Barney
- Thank You My Love, Margaret Alice Second
- My Dream, Michael P. McParland
- joshua trees hopping in the trunk of the.., Mandolyn ...
- my lovely lovely wife, Rasheed Alqahas
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White