Perhaps I Am Drunk
Perhapd I am drunk
And maybe you cannot understand me
But whAt I am saying now shouldhold true
If feeling and soul still hold meaning to you -
My God! or whoever
Watches over us or
If thereis no one then...
A sympathetic or
Perhaps disgusted reader,
What do tou say of their
Should I keep faithful to dull forms of rhyme
Saying, for instance, roght now, the word 'chime'
Or should I now speak my quite drunken mind
In poor free verse that could sans formatting
Be justly and quickly mistaken for prose...?
What doth thou sayeth or so...?
What holds me still in my... Quest! Bethesda!
What spurns my young soul into...
Oh Great Queen,
Oh our wonderful, beautiful, old and old and old
Since the Nine Teen Hundreds they keep giving advice
Against that old beauty, all fleas and lice,
As they say.
...into seeking right means to express such
Gertrude, be the stalwart of my poor technique
And see, through my poverty, what I seek to speak!
They must grow tired under my pure
Some others have tried it.
I mean, to express
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Perhaps I Am Drunk by Paula Coroi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Michael P. McParland
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Of Nature.Of free Will., SAK Reddy
- A Lasting Psalm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Catalyst, Lubinda Lubinda
- I Love You..!, SAK Reddy
- Into Depths, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You will find, hasmukh amathalal
- Bale Visions, Adeosun Olamide
- The good theme, hasmukh amathalal
- Whatever The Outcome, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I'm Scared Without You, Michael P. McParland