and why shouldn't you be upset with me!
me, a scabrous leper of vitriol?
a tiny speck of blood in the yolk of the world?
our worlds whom grasp for and at each other but adorn slippery fingers
wet from our sadness and bulwark…
a nervous dissention of opinion
a taciturn image of a merry go round pier
half fallen into the grinning abyss
which is open like a closet door in a slumbering child's night
with smells of piss and burnt cedar
The whimsy of ultimo Thule?
all seeing eye
jerome moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Peacock by jerome moore )
- The Unimpressed Poet, Hebert Logerie
- Poetical Life Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mere Words, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Occasions Of Promise, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A LITTLE PRAYER, Vinaya Joseph
- Even for bluff, hasmukh amathalal
- For you - Mother, gajanan mishra
- My Morning Glory, Refa Kris
- The Beast, Shannon Paterson
- Mode Of Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)