Lawrence S. Pertillar
OUCH! It Still Hurts
It still hurts.
'What happened? '
I walked into a flashing sign,
That read 'Truth' on it.
It hit me in the head.
'I don't understand.
Why didn't you see it? '
OH I saw it.
But I didn't believe,
It would stay in my way.
Why are you staring at me like that?
'For some reason,
I don't find what happened to you,
Hard to believe to believe at all.
I am quite surprised,
You only hit your head against it...
Just one time.
When are you going back to try it again? '
I don't know.
You think I should?
Why do you stare at me like that?
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (OUCH! It Still Hurts by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Resting Mind!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- Morning Mist and Clouds, Ananta Madhavan
- All Equal, A.j. Binash
- Letting Go, Electric Lady
- नोँसोर फैफिनबाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Love Letters on Leaves, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Halved, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- Gathering Rosebuds, Doyen Lingua
- My Stallion, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- Hooker Nadine Gordimer, Richard Thripp