Lawrence S. Pertillar
OUCH! It Still Hurts
It still hurts.
'What happened? '
I walked into a flashing sign,
That read 'Truth' on it.
It hit me in the head.
'I don't understand.
Why didn't you see it? '
OH I saw it.
But I didn't believe,
It would stay in my way.
Why are you staring at me like that?
'For some reason,
I don't find what happened to you,
Hard to believe to believe at all.
I am quite surprised,
You only hit your head against it...
Just one time.
When are you going back to try it again? '
I don't know.
You think I should?
Why do you stare at me like that?
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (OUCH! It Still Hurts by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- Cold October Nights, Mikey Bachman
- Pilgrims, Suresh Dogra
- Arms of Rain, lakshmi s bose
- Once gone, Sentamu Aziz
- Misnomer, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Retribution, Valsa George
- Complete Puzzle, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Life, Faisal Qaiyum
- Kamala Das (II), Bijay Kant Dubey
- "American Exceptionalism", michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Chocolate Cake, Michael Rosen
- Television, Roald Dahl
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge