Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
OUCH! It Still Hurts
It still hurts.
'What happened? '
I walked into a flashing sign,
That read 'Truth' on it.
It hit me in the head.
'I don't understand.
Why didn't you see it? '
OH I saw it.
But I didn't believe,
It would stay in my way.
Why are you staring at me like that?
'For some reason,
I don't find what happened to you,
Hard to believe to believe at all.
I am quite surprised,
You only hit your head against it...
Just one time.
When are you going back to try it again? '
I don't know.
You think I should?
Why do you stare at me like that?
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.