Lawrence S. Pertillar
Only One Is There
Only one is there and found alone,
To feel a personal pain that is felt.
Only one is there to condone,
To know what it takes to heal and mend.
And only one is there without benefit of visits,
To decide with determination to strengthen and be fit.
No matter which way the wind blows or where it drifts,
To come and go with a ridding to do of it.
Without assistance or volunteering of lips to whisper,
Fresh rumors or stale gossip heard as if an agenda.
Since only one is there to experience the doing,
Regardless who stands outside feeding conflict.
With a giving of their opinion to whomever listens,
To their wicked comments that are mentioned...
As to how one should handle what is going on inside,
Of their minds or where they reside to free themselves...
To recover from afflictions to have them end.
Enabling once again to face those who disrespect/offend.
And caring less who surfaces from crevices to serve,
Their flavor of critique as if prepared to savor the process.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Only One Is There by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- TO MY BEST FRIEND, Hriata Sailo
- Inner Sights, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sage destiny., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- War Again!, John Ugolo Umah
- Turn And Whine, John Ugolo Umah
- Black Soil, John Ugolo Umah
- Dance Away...., Diana Euyoque
- What I Want From This Crazy Place, Lucy Dowlingbrown
- In Dreams I Prefer To Be, Rohit Sapra
- Treasure Chest Of Our Soul, RoseAnn V. Shawiak