Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Only One Is There
Only one is there and found alone,
To feel a personal pain that is felt.
Only one is there to condone,
To know what it takes to heal and mend.
And only one is there without benefit of visits,
To decide with determination to strengthen and be fit.
No matter which way the wind blows or where it drifts,
To come and go with a ridding to do of it.
Without assistance or volunteering of lips to whisper,
Fresh rumors or stale gossip heard as if an agenda.
Since only one is there to experience the doing,
Regardless who stands outside feeding conflict.
With a giving of their opinion to whomever listens,
To their wicked comments that are mentioned...
As to how one should handle what is going on inside,
Of their minds or where they reside to free themselves...
To recover from afflictions to have them end.
Enabling once again to face those who disrespect/offend.
And caring less who surfaces from crevices to serve,
Their flavor of critique as if prepared to savor the process.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.