Lawrence S. Pertillar
Only One Is There
Only one is there and found alone,
To feel a personal pain that is felt.
Only one is there to condone,
To know what it takes to heal and mend.
And only one is there without benefit of visits,
To decide with determination to strengthen and be fit.
No matter which way the wind blows or where it drifts,
To come and go with a ridding to do of it.
Without assistance or volunteering of lips to whisper,
Fresh rumors or stale gossip heard as if an agenda.
Since only one is there to experience the doing,
Regardless who stands outside feeding conflict.
With a giving of their opinion to whomever listens,
To their wicked comments that are mentioned...
As to how one should handle what is going on inside,
Of their minds or where they reside to free themselves...
To recover from afflictions to have them end.
Enabling once again to face those who disrespect/offend.
And caring less who surfaces from crevices to serve,
Their flavor of critique as if prepared to savor the process.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Only One Is There by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- DALYA IN RAVENSBURG 74, Terry Collett
- Tomar Hansi Tomar Kanna, ramesh rai
- But peace, hasmukh amathalal
- Rah! rRah! Siss-boom-bah!, Frank Avon
- Same enthusiasm, hasmukh amathalal
- NOT / Heart-related, Alan Hickman
- Boy last, hasmukh amathalal
- Goodbyes Are Hard, Sayli Satam
- I LOVE PARIS, Terry Collett
- Unrhymed, Naveed Khalid
Poem of the Day
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Robert Louis Stevenson
- Heather Burns