Only In The Minds Of Men
Whre is he when he's needed most
In times of the deepest despair
The father, son, or holy ghost
Why does he never prove he cares?
This god inwhich many still believe
Why has he never shown
Himself to those who suffer and grieve?
They're left to grieve alone.
Those victims of the endless wars
Drowning in the salt water of their tears,
All through the ages no divine pause
Was ever granted to calm their fears.
So this mighty and omnipotent one
Why does he never intervene?
When all other hope is gone
He has never, ever been seen.
So excuse me if I question why
You still believe he sees all,
When no matter how often millions die
He never comes to call.
Perhaps he's too busy to bother about
Our tiny speck of dust
On the outskirts of a small galaxy
In a universe of billions where he must
Have many much more significant
Worlds for him to care for.
Which would be why he's never sent
Help for any plague, or famine, or war.
What if perhaps it could be
That there is a much simpler solution?
And that this so called deity
Came only after man's evolution.
Tom Higgins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Only In The Minds Of Men by Tom Higgins )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- In A Bad Shape, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Fragrance Of Knowledge, Edward Kofi Louis
- When you look at me, The Princess
- Regularly, Edward Kofi Louis
- Abominable, Edward Kofi Louis
- Kicking The Down And Out, Terence G. Craddock
- Wau Bulan Wau Bintang, Ismim Putera
- A Planet Of The Step-Mother, Muhammad Shanazar
- A Message Of Peace, Muhammad Shanazar
- Innocence, Muhammad Shanazar