Joseph Addison (1672-1719 / England)
On The Lady Manchester
While haughty Gallia's dames, that pread
O'er their pale cheeks, an artful red,
Beheld this beauteous stranger there
In native charms, divinely fair;
Confusion in their looks they show'd;
And with unborrow'd blushes glow'd.
Joseph Addison's Other Poems
- A Letter from Italy
- A Poem To His Magesty, Presented To The ...
- A Song For St. Cecilia's Day, At Oxford
- An Account Of The Greatest English Poets
- An Ode For St. Cecilia's Day
- How Are Thy Servants Blest, O Lord!
- On The Lady Manchester
- Prologue To Steele's Tender Husband
- Psalm 23 : The Lord My Pasture Shall Pre...
- Spacious Firmament On High, The
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.