Certainly your devil is upside-down,
For his forces control the reality
Bearing down, while the light descends
Upon the heart from up above
Like the whirlpool so completely in rage.
This time the sweat of killing has died,
Living with death has been a chore,
Then you mutter frank phrases
In the fashion random,
So that millions of men are offered.
Your weight is taken to be the fill of the century,
These devils are chained once again,
And so you consume the vegetables
In so slight a fabricated way
That the heels of your feet click tonight.
This demon has been forced from his home,
And your pink donkey is embarrassed
By the amount of prosody,
And it is depressed by your countenance,
And it leaves you waiting for God.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Certainty by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Now, D.L. Aceves
- *Jacaranda Bloom, C. P. Sharma
- We are free, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Parasite, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- clueless life..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- An anonymous smile, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Where, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- I don't sleep, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- First Visit to the Old Port, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta