Lawrence S. Pertillar
Old Enough To Remember
In a time when decadence,
Is more pertinent to substance...
When substance 'had' made a difference.
With a relevance to many and was respected,
And made more sense as had been intended...
Than anything else,
There are days those realize,
An aging has come for them to recognize.
And being caught by surprise by a time that flies,
Has left many unable or refusing to admit...
They have arrived at the stage of senior citizenship.
'These kids today aren't what they use to be.'
Which kids are you talking about? ~
'The ones in their 30's and 40's.
And some in the 50's are foolish too.
Doing their best trying to keep up with the rest of them.'
~If you don't mind me asking...
Just how OLD 'are' you? ~
'Old enough to remember when...
Don't worry about it.
I just remember things, that's all.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Old Enough To Remember by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam
- The Children See Colors, Hebert Logerie
- Ulterior motive, hasmukh amathalal
- Fast Women Speedily Breathing, Luva Boy
- With contentment, hasmukh amathalal
- Not Mini-Apolis, Von Kimball Barney
- NO TIME WASTED, Peter LeBuhn
- Our World, Claude H Oliver II