Lawrence S. Pertillar
Old Enough To Remember
In a time when decadence,
Is more pertinent to substance...
When substance 'had' made a difference.
With a relevance to many and was respected,
And made more sense as had been intended...
Than anything else,
There are days those realize,
An aging has come for them to recognize.
And being caught by surprise by a time that flies,
Has left many unable or refusing to admit...
They have arrived at the stage of senior citizenship.
'These kids today aren't what they use to be.'
Which kids are you talking about? ~
'The ones in their 30's and 40's.
And some in the 50's are foolish too.
Doing their best trying to keep up with the rest of them.'
~If you don't mind me asking...
Just how OLD 'are' you? ~
'Old enough to remember when...
Don't worry about it.
I just remember things, that's all.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Old Enough To Remember by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Corners Of A Storm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Visibly appar, hasmukh amathalal
- Love's Journey, Savita Tyagi
- Check the dogs, gajanan mishra
- Smoking Euthanasia, Dexsta Ray
- Touch, Francis Wanyiri
- poet laureate i think, lee fones
- सोरनिबा आगान, Ronjoy Brahma
- Roaring ready to go…, Mark Heathcote
- why does this have to happen, Happy Hippie Girl