James Kenneth Stephen (25 February 1859 – 3 February 1892 / England)
Of F.W.H.M. to One that Smokes
Spare us the hint of slightest desecration,
Spotless preserve us an untainted shrine;
Not for thy sake, oh goddess of creation,
Not for thy sake, oh woman, but for mine.
Poet Other Poems
- 4th July 1882, Malines. Midnight
- A Parodist's Apology
- A Sonnet
- A Sonnet (Two Voices Are There)
- After the Golden Wedding (Three Soliloqu...
- Drinking Song
- England and America
- Men and Women
- My Education
- Of F.W.H.M. to One that Smokes
- Steam-Launches on the Thames
- The Ballade of the Incompetent Ballade-M...
- The Last Ride Together (after Browning)
- The Malefactor's Plea
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.