Not only today, but always..
The puffed sleeve of your blouse,
Extends to below elbow, the laces,
In your pretty gowns, the wreath in your crown,
The wide open eyes collect the dews of shy,
You are beautiful, still as pretty as the sky,
Carrying the desired kids for display,
Weeping is not your pastime,
Only sometimes shows the tantrums,
The cautious hen with spread feathers,
Sense the hearts using the thermometer,
Of intuition, always on guard to chase away the troubles,
Oxytocin is a chemical, is your love made of it? ,
Loaded with vials to supply unconditionally,
Your love never gets older, always rejuvenates,
To be younger, the young love in a mother priceless.
Even the mother less Gods may be envious,
At the sight of your gentle kind nature,
That strives and prays for your kid’s future.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not only today, but always.. by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- Ebola! One Last Time, Peter Kimani
- India, Connie Marcum Wong
- A Counter Revolution in Cuba, Deborah Eker
- Pure love, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Man's Hat, Darren David Weaver
- tonight i write you with one sock on, Mandolyn ...
- useless poets, Is It Poetry
- i dropped us and you were glass, Mandolyn ...
- The Typewriter, Patrick van der Loos
- Friday Night For The Writer, Patrick van der Loos
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)