Lawrence S. Pertillar
Not Nearly As Painful
I remembered when I first had my virginity taken away.
It was a frightening experience.
And I was still in my mid-teens.
'You don't have to talk about it.
I can understand.
You still have 'issues' about dealing with it?
To have it happen like that is painful.'
My dad caught me the first time,
Sneaking out the window.
I had to convince him I was sleep walking.
And twice I fell off the ledge...
During the rain.
And landed into the bushes below my bedroom window.
I still have the scar on my arm from the second fall.
'So 'who' took your virginity? '
I forget her name.
But one night she forgot to chain her Doberman.
That's when I busted my kneecap.
I told my dad I fell out the window.
He took me to some doctor!
And guess what?
It was the girls' father.
He had her picture on the desk in his office.
How about you?
What was yours like?
'Not nearly as painful! '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not Nearly As Painful by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Blessing of Begetting Children (Section7.., rajendran muthiah
- Animal rights., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- O Fanantic, I Can Se It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Man, Where Will You Go With Your Funda.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gently Stirs The Breeze, Rondeau, Captain Cur
- She, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Back To The Beginning, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Honour Killing, What Will You Get Killin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The bark, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- This Is India, Here A Village Fool Can A.., Bijay Kant Dubey