Lawrence S. Pertillar
Not Nearly As Painful
I remembered when I first had my virginity taken away.
It was a frightening experience.
And I was still in my mid-teens.
'You don't have to talk about it.
I can understand.
You still have 'issues' about dealing with it?
To have it happen like that is painful.'
My dad caught me the first time,
Sneaking out the window.
I had to convince him I was sleep walking.
And twice I fell off the ledge...
During the rain.
And landed into the bushes below my bedroom window.
I still have the scar on my arm from the second fall.
'So 'who' took your virginity? '
I forget her name.
But one night she forgot to chain her Doberman.
That's when I busted my kneecap.
I told my dad I fell out the window.
He took me to some doctor!
And guess what?
It was the girls' father.
He had her picture on the desk in his office.
How about you?
What was yours like?
'Not nearly as painful! '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not Nearly As Painful by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Animal Rights(A Surrogate Hen), U Win Kyi
- Violence in silence, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Conscience, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Compassionate Bondage, Monk E. Biz
- Flowers on my feet, Cigeng Zhang
- what do you think, Edgar Stevenson
- Poem: Let Me Touch His Garment, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Genre-Free Nights Nine 74, Anne Tardos
- The Masculine Point of View Nine 73, Anne Tardos
- The Outsider, Ruth Manning-Sanders