Lawrence S. Pertillar
Not My Position To Understand Disrespect
It is not my position to understand disrespect.
Or pretend an acceptance of it is okay in my presence.
Too many today are quick to express it.
To allow this addiction to become an affliction.
Nor am I here to comprehend a thoughtlessness.
No matter who becomes offended,
That I should object to their ignorant dispositions.
And in my home that kind of comfort is not condoned.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not My Position To Understand Disrespect by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)