Lawrence S. Pertillar
Not My Position To Understand Disrespect
It is not my position to understand disrespect.
Or pretend an acceptance of it is okay in my presence.
Too many today are quick to express it.
To allow this addiction to become an affliction.
Nor am I here to comprehend a thoughtlessness.
No matter who becomes offended,
That I should object to their ignorant dispositions.
And in my home that kind of comfort is not condoned.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not My Position To Understand Disrespect by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Blue!, Ronald Chapman
- A Mistake, Morgan Michaels
- Cold Dreams, Ronald Chapman
- THE WAILING STRIP, Mohamed Yussuf
- Cold Days, Ronald Chapman
- Clouds, Ronald Chapman
- This Night, Neela Nath
- Chuseok Korean Thanksgiving Day (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- Chocolate, Ronald Chapman
- Children Playing, Ronald Chapman