Not All That Matter
Skeptics brush aside straightaway
Notions or cognitions of the human mind
As mere fabrications that with ease can sway
With fickle doctrines of the vague religious kind.
Some are adept at their outright labeling
Pompous in a perceived imagined state
Of intellectual thrones where they go weighing
All man's beliefs they think they can negate.
And yet with all these meretricious conclusions
Men fail so weakly to grasp the concept of the soul,
For Man is matter, so said Science and Education-
He is not all matter, for his spirit makes him whole.
That spirit makes Man love from birth to death,
Makes him give his life and all for his Freedom-
Sets him apart from other creatures that have breath
A noble spirit soaring high to what he can become!
All rights reserved ~~~Cynthia Buhain-Baello-~02.27.14
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not All That Matter by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Chicken dance, gajanan mishra
- Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After Love's Partition, Velvet Boots
- Pleasures Of Love, Lilly Emery
- Enchantment Of Yesterday, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Great Thugs of Indian English Poetry.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Spaniels, Diane Hine
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez
- I am the paradise, gajanan mishra
- Non-Belief and Nothing, douglas scotney