Afanasy Afanasyevich Fet
Nightingales, A Sigh, A Whisper
Nightingales, a sigh, a whisper
In a shady nook
And the lullaby in silver
Of a lazy brook.
Light of night and midnight shadow
Falling from above
And the changing mood and magic
Of a face you love
Through dark clouds a red rose peeping
And an amber gleam,
And the kissing and the weeping
And the dawn serene!
Afanasy Afanasyevich Fet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nightingales, A Sigh, A Whisper by Afanasy Afanasyevich Fet )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The CPI(M) Should Not Talk of Himan Rig.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal