Afanasy Afanasyevich Fet
Nightingales, A Sigh, A Whisper
Nightingales, a sigh, a whisper
In a shady nook
And the lullaby in silver
Of a lazy brook.
Light of night and midnight shadow
Falling from above
And the changing mood and magic
Of a face you love
Through dark clouds a red rose peeping
And an amber gleam,
And the kissing and the weeping
And the dawn serene!
Afanasy Afanasyevich Fet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nightingales, A Sigh, A Whisper by Afanasy Afanasyevich Fet )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Haiku, Noah Body
- Capitalist List Esteem Apex Peak Cut Down, Terence G. Craddock
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...