Lychee blackberry of sweetest variety
Shouts the vendor
They look juicily nice
But when I ask the price
Find it too high.
Why them forgone
Summer's yields live short
I lay my hand on one
They are money's worth.
And I think of my place
In next year's summer days
What if I vacate this space
Nothing forever stays.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nectarous by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Dare - Devil Inside, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'll be missing you, Emma Wilson
- A U G U S T, hasmukh amathalal
- Conquest, Liilia Talts Morrison
- My Circus Tent, Stephen Loomes
- Mute Talking Drum, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- silkworm, Marshall Gass
- you on a continent climbed....., Marshall Gass
- I reached deep into a pocket........., Marshall Gass
- Leaves Of The Past, RoseAnn V. Shawiak