Waltz For Zizi
My War Begins With god
The prelude to my war, a poem
and a page folded a thousand
times, like the blade of a sword
mending someone else's chest too,
the nightmares are not only mine
this place has plenty of us
that hate to bow to a someone's god
(or to a cow) .
The wind does not listen to god
so why should I kneel before his cross,
before a painting on a wall
before a church of wood and stone.
Why should I be a slave, to
the image of your god?
Why should I teach my children
be slaves instead of heroes?
This world needs more heroes,
there are too many already,
religions, taking the villain's part
teaching us the world is flat.
The prelude to my war,
starting with this page
a war against your gods, and your books
(a war against the cows)
a war against killing each other
for a god, a war against wars.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My War Begins With god by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
- Interior Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Set a date, hasmukh amathalal
- Mandela, Gary Corseri
- In my own idea, gajanan mishra
- Sink deep, hasmukh amathalal
- It's on Sale, Doug Jones
- I Sang, Vera Sidhwa
- Something Just Touched Me, Stephen Warren Williams
- Waiting too Volunteer, michael walkerjohn
- Embargo all over, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)