Waltz For Zizi
My War Begins With god
The prelude to my war, a poem
and a page folded a thousand
times, like the blade of a sword
mending someone else's chest too,
the nightmares are not only mine
this place has plenty of us
that hate to bow to a someone's god
(or to a cow) .
The wind does not listen to god
so why should I kneel before his cross,
before a painting on a wall
before a church of wood and stone.
Why should I be a slave, to
the image of your god?
Why should I teach my children
be slaves instead of heroes?
This world needs more heroes,
there are too many already,
religions, taking the villain's part
teaching us the world is flat.
The prelude to my war,
starting with this page
a war against your gods, and your books
(a war against the cows)
a war against killing each other
for a god, a war against wars.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My War Begins With god by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
- My Dog Lays at, David McLansky
- Asthi-Kalasha, Bijay Kant Dubey
- And We Came to Pass, Abdulrasaq Akingbo Okanlambe
- Praising a Poet, 'me' by a Co-Poet!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- My Dog Lays at My Feet, David McLansky
- The two I trust (sonnet), Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Owls or rats, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Jesus, God, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- माँ का सूरज कहीं खो गया, Aftab Alam
- Brother John, Colin Ian Jeffery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)