My teacher wasn't half as nice as yours seems to be
'My teacher wasn't half as nice as yours seems to be.
His name was Mister Unsworth and he taught us history.
And when you didn't know a date he'd get you by the ear
And start to twist while you sat there quite paralysed with fear.
He'd twist and twist and twist your ear and twist it more and more.
Until at last the ear came off and landed on the floor.
Our class was full of one-eared boys. I'm certain there were eight.
Who'd had them twisted off because they didn't know a date.
So let us now praise teachers who today are all so fine
And yours in particular is totally divine.'
Roald Dahl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My teacher wasn't half as nice as yours seems to be by Roald Dahl )
Did you read them?
- If, Menkato Awomi
- Agar tumain, Saleem Zidi
- The Pen As Midwife, Saiom Shriver
- Bride And Groom, Jeannette Heywood
- Lincoln And Thanksgiving, Saiom Shriver
- Fears are worse....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Sleep, Akhil Zoomin
- Theres No Substitute For A Hard Worker, Katherine Perry
- I was not there, gajanan mishra
- two trees, lee fones
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)