My teacher wasn't half as nice as yours seems to be
'My teacher wasn't half as nice as yours seems to be.
His name was Mister Unsworth and he taught us history.
And when you didn't know a date he'd get you by the ear
And start to twist while you sat there quite paralysed with fear.
He'd twist and twist and twist your ear and twist it more and more.
Until at last the ear came off and landed on the floor.
Our class was full of one-eared boys. I'm certain there were eight.
Who'd had them twisted off because they didn't know a date.
So let us now praise teachers who today are all so fine
And yours in particular is totally divine.'
Roald Dahl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My teacher wasn't half as nice as yours seems to be by Roald Dahl )
Did you read them?
- LIMERICK FRIENDS, Philo Yan
- Wine and Heart, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Sun Doth Shine, Tango Tango
- Alive, Leong Ming Loong
- Poems proclaim, Mark Heathcote
- My Battle Ground, Emily Krauss
- Whatcha Doing, Emily Krauss
- More And More Sheila And Clifford ..... .., Bri Edwards
- Ends, douglas scotney
- To Wait On A Woman, Randy McClave
Poem of the Day
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(22 March 1941 -)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)