My Poker Game
With no end in sight
I keep waiting
For the tables to turn,
I just wish I could see my opponent's cards,
I look hopefully...
To see if destiny drops some hint.
And I am bluffing,
Probably you know that too..
When I smile, it comes not from my heart,
But it's just a bluff
So that you won't read my cards..
Oh, what I wouldn't do to re-live it all,
One fine move by another,
Till I hold the upper hand,
And Destiny starts to smile..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Poker Game by SRIVIDYA GIRI )
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer
- To The Moon II, Naveed Khalid