My Parched Pen
My fountain pen began to moan,
The thirsty little thing,
My fountain pen began to groan,
For me, some ink to bring...
I filled my fountain pen once more
And heard it burb with glee,
So I got ready to outpour
Some brand new poetry...
I wonder, do we moan as well,
When parched just like my pen?
Or do we hide inside our shell
And not raise hell again?
If we don't ask, then we don't get,
Ask hagglers saving cash,
If we don't ask, we'll face regret,
Polite, not acting rash...
That restaurant served tasty food,
We'd no need to complain,
Alas, that poor wine changed the mood,
So should we tip again?
It's up to you! Do what you want!
But I don't tip when sad,
But I will toast the restaurant
Each time that I leave glad!
Consumer rights, consumer needs,
It helps if we are right,
That's when our moaning most succeeds,
When hard to stay polite!
My fountain pen was parched and dry,
So thirsty, so downcast...
Yet now, new poems I can try,
Because I acted fast!
Denis Martindale, copyright, July 2013.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Parched Pen by Denis Martindale )
- Intensity Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Oh, Music O`mine Heart, Sir Toby
- I AM WORRIED, Aftab Alam
- Christmas Wish, Sentamu Aziz
- Awake to Work, Sentamu Aziz
- Abducted, Edward Kofi Louis
- Young Days' Flashback, Sentamu Aziz
- Bells Of Joy, Sentamu Aziz
- Happy Memories, Kwai Chee Low
- Lust for Life, Kwai Chee Low
Poem of the Day
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Prison Cell, Mahmoud Darwish
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)