* The Prince of Prints
Behold the precious Prince of Prints,
By wildlife he is stirred!
Yet who is he who uses tints?
Mr Stephen Gayford!
He also serves who stands and waits,
As every artist knows...
And blessed is he who celebrates
As each new painting grows...
From many sketches Stephen starts
Each brand new masterpiece!
He shares them all to cheer our hearts!
His wonders never cease!
He's busy as the humble bee
That flies each waking hour...
From diligence comes majesty,
From steadfast love comes power!
Let's praise the Lord for Stephen's eyes
That see God's handiwork
And for each vision, oh, so wise,
For Stephen doesn't shirk!
He's on the go, while standing still,
He's always standing tall!
This Prince of Prints perfects each skill,
So God can bless us all...
Denis Martindale, copyright, December 2010.
The poem is based on the wonderful wildlife artist
Stephen Gayford's gayfordgallery.
Check poemhunter for Stephen Gayford poetry or use
a search engine for Denis Martindale blogspot poems.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (* The Prince of Prints by Denis Martindale )
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
- Am I different?, gajanan mishra
- Drops on Earth, binod bastola
- On Her Bed She Lay, White Lily
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)