* The Prince of Prints
Behold the precious Prince of Prints,
By wildlife he is stirred!
Yet who is he who uses tints?
Mr Stephen Gayford!
He also serves who stands and waits,
As every artist knows...
And blessed is he who celebrates
As each new painting grows...
From many sketches Stephen starts
Each brand new masterpiece!
He shares them all to cheer our hearts!
His wonders never cease!
He's busy as the humble bee
That flies each waking hour...
From diligence comes majesty,
From steadfast love comes power!
Let's praise the Lord for Stephen's eyes
That see God's handiwork
And for each vision, oh, so wise,
For Stephen doesn't shirk!
He's on the go, while standing still,
He's always standing tall!
This Prince of Prints perfects each skill,
So God can bless us all...
Denis Martindale, copyright, December 2010.
The poem is based on the wonderful wildlife artist
Stephen Gayford's gayfordgallery.
Check poemhunter for Stephen Gayford poetry or use
a search engine for Denis Martindale blogspot poems.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (* The Prince of Prints by Denis Martindale )
- Clean India Campaign, Dr John Celes
- Holy Journey, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MISSION, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life's Numbers, Randy McClave
- Imagining Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hunted, Mae AC.
- 13 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 7 Aprl 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 25 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Walking the Dog, Kaila George
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)