* The Prince of Prints
Behold the precious Prince of Prints,
By wildlife he is stirred!
Yet who is he who uses tints?
Mr Stephen Gayford!
He also serves who stands and waits,
As every artist knows...
And blessed is he who celebrates
As each new painting grows...
From many sketches Stephen starts
Each brand new masterpiece!
He shares them all to cheer our hearts!
His wonders never cease!
He's busy as the humble bee
That flies each waking hour...
From diligence comes majesty,
From steadfast love comes power!
Let's praise the Lord for Stephen's eyes
That see God's handiwork
And for each vision, oh, so wise,
For Stephen doesn't shirk!
He's on the go, while standing still,
He's always standing tall!
This Prince of Prints perfects each skill,
So God can bless us all...
Denis Martindale, copyright, December 2010.
The poem is based on the wonderful wildlife artist
Stephen Gayford's gayfordgallery.
Check poemhunter for Stephen Gayford poetry or use
a search engine for Denis Martindale blogspot poems.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (* The Prince of Prints by Denis Martindale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- THE PRETTY SEASONS AND THE PRETTY ROCK O.., MOHAMMAD SKATI