My Mind Is A Bull
My mind is a bucking bull
ready to be free of these origins of canto, coax and control.
I seek a land that doesn't bait the poor, the tired, the hungry,
so I can rise up like that phoenix on the backside of our currency.
The whore on the island riding her seven headed beast doesn't hypnotise
me she only makes me want to set fire to the bible.
The occupancies, the secret meetings, the phony nationalism, the sabotage, subterfuge, the soul and the salad beacons to me and watches me in my fiery dissertation.
My wife removes her ring and beds a fire
My best friend and brother curls up on the prairie doubting the moon the stars and the sun,
My sister in law wants fire in her guts so she can rise up and take control,
and the philosophers just talk, and the poets jus dream,
and I want an ice cream sunday with all the makings of a devine boat.
jerome moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Mind Is A Bull by jerome moore )
- Why Poet?, Sandra Feldman
- Man, Dilantha Gunawardana
- Kite, Dilantha Gunawardana
- A Middle-Aged First Kiss (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Misplaced Trust, Mr. Spock
- No Looking Back (A Follow-up Poem), Dr John Celes
- losing leaves, Leah Dodd
- Worthy, Galina Italyanskaya
- Often I Am Reminded, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- God Knows, Galina Italyanskaya
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)