My Mind Is A Bull
My mind is a bucking bull
ready to be free of these origins of canto, coax and control.
I seek a land that doesn't bait the poor, the tired, the hungry,
so I can rise up like that phoenix on the backside of our currency.
The whore on the island riding her seven headed beast doesn't hypnotise
me she only makes me want to set fire to the bible.
The occupancies, the secret meetings, the phony nationalism, the sabotage, subterfuge, the soul and the salad beacons to me and watches me in my fiery dissertation.
My wife removes her ring and beds a fire
My best friend and brother curls up on the prairie doubting the moon the stars and the sun,
My sister in law wants fire in her guts so she can rise up and take control,
and the philosophers just talk, and the poets jus dream,
and I want an ice cream sunday with all the makings of a devine boat.
jerome moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Mind Is A Bull by jerome moore )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- The actor and the witness, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Possessive of God, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The forbidden ritual, Mark Heathcote
- WHEN ON ME THEY CANNOT FEED, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Fragility, Akhtar Jawad
- Reading History and Thinking of Today (S.., Luo Zhihai
- Tough Love (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- We Did Not Choose To Be, But We Are (Qu.., Cynthia BuhainBaello
- THE REALITY, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Dream, Neela Nath