I can’t believe I’ve made it this far
and the other side is closing in on me.
What was once my shining star
has become an echo of what’s to be.
My worries far outnumber my regrets,
I’m miles from my youthful dream.
What I wanted and what I’ll get
has no resemblance except obscene.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Dream by jr pr )
- In that unlikelihood, Mark Heathcote
- Blue ink, Donnie Wolff
- Tossing Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Insanity, John Masaitis
- To My Juliet, Where The Chains Of Love a.., Captain Cur
- Roommates, S. I. Rednow
- That Last Piece of Cake, Phyllis Strong
- What Makes A Man A Man, John Masaitis
- Is It My Poetry's Nadir?, Dr John Celes
- Resolute Me, S. I. Rednow