I am racing with the devil.
on my bicycle through traffic downtown
on a country road.
i will collide
when a bus runs me down
that moment my soul will leave my body
I will see the impact
brains inside and out
contortions i never thought i could make
shook horror in the eyes of those real life viewers
crying for the boy who was just mangled in traffic
pieces of hair and teeth like fresh roadkill
My soul will witness it all as my limp lifeless body
is taken from the spectacle i will transcend
and When my soul leaves my body
I will be in a garden of a sweet purple lavender.
simple fragrant and eternal...
jerome moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Death by jerome moore )
- Without Tear, Neela Nath
- Dogs and cats, gajanan mishra
- Vicious circle, Jole Hans
- Get your body and mind back, O men, gajanan mishra
- Angst, Jole Hans
- I Will..., ging taping
- Another Reaser Christmas!, Sharilynn Dawn Reaser
- A dogs life, michael hagwood
- MIKE WASN'T HAPPY, shannon strauss
- Unique We Are, Mantu Mahakul