Mikhail Alekseevich Kuzmin
I hug you, -
Both the rainbow to the river
And the clouds flame
In God's hand.
You laugh, - rain in the sun,
The mignonette bedewed,
And cunning is
A lilac star with eyelash.
Like a cloven comet
Is cryptic and clear.
Sleeps sweet in trombones,
A tarry monastery rings
in a copse of violins.
What shadows does
a gaze cast into space?
You don't know? And you mustn't
look back, my friend.
Whose heart begins to glisten
at the blue, blue Si?
The Debussy still listens
who never was to be.
Mikhail Alekseevich Kuzmin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Music by Mikhail Alekseevich Kuzmin )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
- Jennifer Gordon
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Black Riders Came From the Sea, Stephen Crane
Poem of the Day
- It Is Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mother's Love, Father's Love, Sister's L.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 52, Frank Avon
- Treasure, M.J. Lemon
- For A Friend... (Prose) ..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Thank you Poets!, Paul Sebastian
- One Mourning In The August of '17, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Muddle, Sunny Chopra
- Hell or Heaven, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- The Beauty that is Simplicity, Leong Ming Loong