Mother s Love
I am but a mere child clinging to my mother s breast
Sucking out the love she has inside, as it makes me
Dizzy as if I am high.
The warmth and nourishment that it gives
Gets me stronger – with the strength to live.
Mother! Your love can’t be denied, it is something you cannot hide.
And you may not be around to see me grow
But in your heart you will know.
Whether it be distance or death that keeps us apart
You will always have me in your heart.
You nurtured and tutored me to know right from wrong
And showed me how to become unselfish and strong.
You showed me how a mother s gentle heart can be
And from indignations and chains you set me free.
We was born free – no leg irons or shackles to be found
Even the umbilical cord was thrown to the ground.
We as children are born free as eagles up in the sky
We could soar and we could climb.
All of this has been given to me, because you and GOD set me free.
GOD gave us a brain for us to use, and a heart with which to choose.
But the most important thing he gave to me
Was a mother “who loved me “.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mother s Love by louis rams )
- Starbucks, Tom Zart
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Leading Me Home, Heather Burns
- She's mad at me today, Louis Borgo
- An Event, Heather Burns
- Hiding In The Open In Her Room, Is It Poetry
- All Hallows Eve, David Lewis Paget
- The Devil Twists God's Words & Desires., Tom Zart
- Naturality, michael walkerjohn
- time, lee fones
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- If I Knew Someone Cared, Nicole Rawls
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- CHERYL winter
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)