Mother s Love
I am but a mere child clinging to my mother s breast
Sucking out the love she has inside, as it makes me
Dizzy as if I am high.
The warmth and nourishment that it gives
Gets me stronger – with the strength to live.
Mother! Your love can’t be denied, it is something you cannot hide.
And you may not be around to see me grow
But in your heart you will know.
Whether it be distance or death that keeps us apart
You will always have me in your heart.
You nurtured and tutored me to know right from wrong
And showed me how to become unselfish and strong.
You showed me how a mother s gentle heart can be
And from indignations and chains you set me free.
We was born free – no leg irons or shackles to be found
Even the umbilical cord was thrown to the ground.
We as children are born free as eagles up in the sky
We could soar and we could climb.
All of this has been given to me, because you and GOD set me free.
GOD gave us a brain for us to use, and a heart with which to choose.
But the most important thing he gave to me
Was a mother “who loved me “.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mother s Love by louis rams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 August 1896 - 9 March 1947)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Unwanted, Michael P. McParland
- Wandering Wasteland, Michael P. McParland
- Midnight Poem, Is It Poetry
- Why Am I? ....., Michael P. McParland
- Your Hate, Michael P. McParland
- Lump, Michael P. McParland
- Retrace, Sunny Chopra
- Diversity-in-Unity*, Tushar Ray
- Nobody Home - 2. Passive Voice, Joseph Archer
- a written poem, animesh sapkota