Every year I make a resolution
To observe mom’s birthday
Offer her a garland,
But here I stand
This year too,
The day passed, mom,
I didn’t remember you!
It would not have been so
Had I been gone even this long
For you mom
I would never have been out of sight
But on this day
With tears and one candle light
You would have remembered
Her son long gone
Offering him with your trembling hand
Your love’s garland!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mom's Birthday by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
Did you read them?
- A Visionary, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ezandleni zengelosi, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ungibonisile, senzokhaya umhayi
- I had a Dream..., Suzette Richards
- The new Don Quixotes in our time, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rainbow Looms, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ngiyindodana yakwa Zulu, senzokhaya umhayi
- Uyakhumbula, senzokhaya umhayi
- Wedwa, senzokhaya umhayi
- time or space?, ko the skipper